Previous posts

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

You don't wake up awesome

I recently shared this photo comparison on my Facebook page


The photo on the left is from this year and the photo on the right is from two years ago - when I was finally figuring out that I loved photography enough to make it my career.  Notice how much my photography changed in just TWO years!

This got me thinking...

There are so many photographers out there right now trying to 'make it' and so often I hear people complain about other photographers work.  I will never, ever talk bad about other photographers.

Everyone starts somewhere and everyone grows at a different pace. 

We all have different styles, genres, reasons for doing what we do, and that's what makes each photographer unique and worth it. When you come to our studio, you'll notice we have a photo journalistic style with unique products we offer.  We have a smile on our face just as big as YOU do behind the camera, only we're not faking it!  We LOVE what we do - and THAT'S why we do it!

I will also say this, everyone who loves photography doesn't necessarily have to make it their career.  Any photographer out there who owns their own business would agree - it's no easy job. Breaking even is a goal (you know, making more money than we spend on equipment!)  Going from 'taking pictures' to being a 'business owner' is one of the most challenging things I have EVER done.  I love my job and I adore my clients, so for me - it's worth it!

Be positive, be strong!
Rachel xo

8 comments:

  1. No problem Chase Grace! It's something we should all be mindful of - Comparison is the thief of joy. We should be our OWN and love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your words of encouragement - thanks!

    I really liked seeing your "Where I am now vs. then" photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Zoe and you're welcome!

    It's so much fun to go back and find old files and compare! You don't realize how much you've changed as a photographer until you LOOK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love before and afters comparisons of not only skill growth, but kiddie growth. beautiful girlie you've got there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right on Rachel! Couldn't have said it better myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your daughter .. so cute! And yes, people need to stop worrying about all the others and focus on their own, but this isn't to say we can't learn from each other ... sharing is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! Awh, I wish I had a daughter, but she's not mine. :) It's a client of mine!

    And thank you everyone - I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete