Previous posts

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Inspiration for a random Thursday

I would like to introduce you to the ever-so-talented and inspiring Amanda from Amanda Marie Photography!  I'm so thrilled she took the time to guest blog for us this week! She has an excellent post in store for you,  so without further delay - Give it up for AMANDA!!!


Inspiration for a random Thursday

Be inspired by your true inspirations.

First I would like to thank Rachel for the opportunity to be her Guest Blogger here. I love blogging and when I saw her offer to do so, I just had to jump on it.

I thought about so many topics to write about but everything just seemed to not be flowing out of me. If I have to force it, I don’t write about it.

I have been on a journey for inspiration these last few days. I plan to do a huge post on my blog about inspiration but I thought I while I was feeling inspired I should share it. My mother always told me to be nice and share. So here it is!

With the warm weather I am finding myself outside looking for things that make me happy. Whether it is just a scene, an item or just the feeling of the sun. I have also been photographing the things that inspire me. I love finding inspiration. Displaying inspiration is a great way to start you day. Imagine…Waking up and coming out to a wall of things you love. I strongly support tearing out magazine images or phrases that make you smile and putting them on display. Photograph anything that brings you joy. Even if it is just a random piece of trash laying just so on the ground.

I am inspired by the tones on other photos. Sun Flare is my biggest influence.  I love the curious awkwardness of children and silly faces. I love funky clothes and things that are just odd. Big glasses, antique anything, the color green and handwritten letters. I like torn out pages fraying ends of thread and beads. These are things that inspire me. Most people wouldn’t choose those things when asked “what inspires you?” I never would have either. Well, because those sound crazy. But they do inspire me. They inspire me to create or just to smile. They make me curious and want to learn. Get in touch with your inner muse! Even if it is odd. Even if you think people will laugh. They will, I can promise you that. People get uncomfortable around things they do not understand.

When I began photographing I tried to do the photographs that everyone else was doing. I hid the real types of photos I liked to do. As I slowly became more comfortable with myself as a photographer I started tapping into those inspirations I had kept hidden. It was only then that my business began to flourish and grow wild like. I finally was ME as a photographer. I was the funky, curious and daydreaming Photog I always knew was in there. My images took on a life of their own and my daydreams were being printed and hung in clients homes. It was an amazing feeling to take my true inspirations and use them like they were meant to be used. I could lie and say oh I am inspired by {insert blah blah here} But that just stopped working for me. I wanted purple tones, I wanted sun flare. Sunflare makes my entire day happy!

So GO be inspired by your true self! Become you!  Rip apart magazines, Dangle ribbons from your ceiling, paint an entire wall in your house Yellow. If its you then do it! I wanted to share a couple images of my recent inspirations. All of these were found around my house.

1. My bike and my basket. I feel free when I am riding it. I feel funky and I close my eyes and see sunflare around me. I imagine myself at the farmers market filling up my basket, I am wearing a sweet vintage sun hat and I have a fabulous sun dress on. 
 2. Magazine cut outs. I LOVE to cut out things I like. Whether is a style of clothing, a ton on a photo or just a piece of décor that I swoon over.

3. A vintage Strawberry Short bike I picked up for my daughter. She is not even close enough to being able to ride it. But something about the Banana seat makes me think of my childhood and being free. I love to feel free to create and free to play with my children as if I am a child too. Crawling on the ground and being free with them produces the best images.


 Feel free to stop by my blog anytime and see what is inspiring me on any given day. Or come by my Facebook and see what silly things I have been chatting about.

No comments:

Post a Comment