Previous posts

Monday, March 28, 2011

Textures? What's that?

So if you're new in the photo world (or maybe if you're old... like you still like to pull out your old film camera and snap a few...) - You might not know a lot about textures and how to use them... and I'll be honest - this was me on Friday evening, but I ran across Jessica Drossin's Textures blog and I became intrigued.  Sure, I've heard about textures - but have I actually used one?  Nope.  So I took this opportunity to try it for free (and enter a sweet contest while I'm at it!)  If you haven't heard of Jessica & don't know much about textures, I recommend checking out her blog!  She's giving away her "Autumn Texture" for photogs to use & then post their finished image onto her facebook to be entered into her contest to win one of her texture sets (which are AWESOME!)  She also has a great tutorial for beginners - check it out by clicking here! 

Check out my attempt at using textures for the first time. I only used the texture she gave and used it the exact way she showed in the tutorial (just to keep it simple :)).  Check it out:

This is before:
This is after:

I love the warm tones it added... I am sure I could do a lot more to it, but here is a start!  I am afraid I'm going to have a new addition (other than my photo prop one)... TEXTURIZING! ;)

Hope you enjoyed!
Rachel
xo

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Rachel - Thanks for sharing with your readers!

    -Jessica Drossin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the opportunity Jessica! I love your textures! I can't wait to purchase some!

    Rachel King

    ReplyDelete