Previous posts

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday!

Top Ten Tools for Photogs!

1. ShowIt  -  My web design tool..  I barely dip into what all ShowIt does (but you can check out our site to see a sample at www.rngphotos.com)- The ShowIt team is amazing!  We pay $39 a month for this service, along with the domain name and hosting - so it's a bit pricey, but our "store front" is mostly online - so how could we afford NOT to have a rockin site?  Jasmine Star also uses ShowIt & her site lured me into this program!  Worth every cent.  It's easy to use, upload, update, and play with!

2. Shootsac - My lens' best friend and my stylish way of sporting my gear!  This interchangeable lens bag is similar to a Miche purse.. you can change the cover to match any event or outfit!  The covers also double as a lens cloth so you can quickly and easily clean your lens as you pull it out of the Shootsac.  One of my favorite covers is the CLASSIC! BAROQUE!  Classy and matches my branding.

3. Ottoman - This little guy I got from Target and I use it as storage for my newborn props and as a prop itself.  I find myself using this in a LOT of my family, children, and newborn shoots! 

4. Moo cards - Moo.com is such an excellent source of marketing for photographers.  I love their slogan - "portfolio in your pocket" because it truly is!  Each card features a different photo on the back side of your business cards!  Want to try Moo cards for free?  Just go to their website & order 15 totally FREE!  You will be impressed, I promise! 

5. WPPI Las Vegas - This event is a "must" for all professional photographers.  This past Feb. was our first year and I was thrilled with everything I learned.  There were over 300 vendors and 75 wonderful speakers!  I couldn't wait to implement so many important things into our business - like in-person sales.  It makes such a difference for your clients.  They get to go through the images WITH you and see all the hard work on a big screen.  I love seeing my clients reactions! 

6. GPS - Ever get lost trying to find your Bride's venue?  I haven't ;) With my Garmin GPS I can type in the address & go carefree... knowing that it will get me there!  I always keep my GPS with me, just in case.

7. SmugMug Pro - After our in person sales with our clients, we post a viewing gallery online using SmugMug.  I love the simplicity of it and my clients love being able to share their photos with ease!

8. Facebook - It's a no brainer.  I get more inquires on Facebook than anywhere else.  Sure, I still use the telephone, email, etc... but Facebook is a business' friend.  If you don't have one.. you probably don't know what a blog even is.... so you're probably not reading this! ;) But seriously - utilize your free marketing tools, like Facebook!

9. Noisy crazy and colorful toys - For children photography, of course!  When I did my first children shoot indoors I was scrambling for ways to get the kids attention... I soon realized I needed some TOYS!  Kids want to have FUN, not sit quietly and say cheese!  :) Make their session enjoyable and give them something to look at behind the camera or even find some photogenic toys for them to play with during the shoot. Pixiekids toys is a great vendor for photogenic toys!

10. Your smile - I'm the queen of corny, (I know!) so laugh all you want - but it is a TOOL.  Use it!  :) If a client loves you as much as they do your work, it's a double done deal!  I have lots of great clients who have become friends and of course I have lots of great friends who are clients.  I'm 100% positive I didn't get those clients and friends from frowning ;)  Love yourself and give the world a smile!

Thanks for reading,
Rachel
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment