Previous posts

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ten questions about R&G answered

Top ten things to know before your session with R&G...

1. R&G, what does that mean exactly?

Well, for those of you who don't know my husband and I - our names are Rachel and Garren King.  When I was in college, Garren built me my first website for photography & really sparked my interest in owning my own business!  He has always been a huge supporter of my career and he still helps with web and graphics design a TON!  He also travels with me during the wedding season and assists me during these shoots!

2. How long have you been taking photos?

Honestly, as long as I can remember.  My first digital camera is worn from the massive amounts of photos it has seen.  Professionally, I have been doing photo work for a year.

3. What schooling do you have?

I have a Bachelors in Photojournalsim from SIU Carbondale.  This degree taught me a heap about photography, my camera, people, and I still am continually learning more!

4. What's your favorite type of session?

I really love a good wedding.  I'm constantly finding that each one is SO unique and I love capturing those beautiful moments when the Bride & Groom have their first look.  I also really love photographing babies - sweet little ones are definitely a favorite.  Our studio is equipped with LOTS of props and ideas for young ones, too.

5. Who is your inspiration?

I really look up to a LOT of photographers out there - but just to name a few:
Erin Molly (She is local and a wonderful person if you're looking for a photographer!)
Laura Winslow Photography
Lane Christiansen of Willow Lane Photography
Christi Nelson of Rawsii (she's currently taking a leave of absence, but photos of her beautiful baby girl still makes my news feed on facebook!)
Sarah Petty
Diekemper Photography
Sami Bowden (She was my wedding photographer and is a great friend :))

6. When is the best time for outdoor photos?

One hour before the sun sets - the GOLDEN hour!

7. If you couldn't be a photographer, what would you be?

I can't imagine not shooting, but if I absolutely couldn't... I think I would spend my time with graphics design... which is something I do a lot of now anyway!

8. What do clients wear to your sessions?

Unless it's your wedding day, this is something I get asked a lot!  I tell clients to wear something comfortable that suits your style.  Solid dark colors look great in photos.

9. Where is your studio?

In the front of our home we have a studio and viewing room set up for clients.  We want you to feel at home when you are here and we do our best to make it fun and easy!

10. Where can you find more info about R&G??

www.rngphotos.com

Thanks for reading
Rachel
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment