Previous posts

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wishful Wednesday!

Hey guys! 
I am trying to make my posts before 11:59pm, I promise, but sometimes the days get away from me!!! :)

Anyway, today I'd just like to share with you a little bit of my personal life/goals with you all.  My husband and I met with a financial adviser for the first time tonight - and it was so encouraging to see how our money can be multiplied over the years.  I want peace of mind in that my family will be forever supported by my smart decisions. 

Garren and I have been so blessed, but money in the bank is definitely an area we struggle with!  Knowing this, we decided to make a more conscious effort into getting our emergency fund built up (which will be about 3-6 months combined wages).  We also are trying to make sure our retirement is in place & start building it while we're young.

I often find myself focusing on the debts we have, but our financial adviser tonight was encouraging us by showing us how even with the debt, we can start investing in our future.

We talked about a LOT of future goals, dreams, and plans... it was very exciting to think about our life as a whole and be comforted by the fact that we are doing the right thing by getting our ducks in a row now!

I would love to share more with you, but our meeting ran about 2 hours over what I thought it should tonight - and I really need to catch up on other work!  If you have any questions about getting your retirement in line, please feel free to email me and I can recommend a great company for advisement!

Thanks,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment